It is called ANALYSIS PARALYSIS .
It is one common problem many entrepreneurs encounter. As a business owner or a career person, you are faced with making lots of decisions through each day. This alone gets many of us agitated, nervous, confused, divided, and a whole lot of different feelings and emotions come up; and we get worked up in the process mostly because we are trying not to make mistakes.
SO HOW CAN YOU COMBAT THIS?
When you’re too scared of making mistakes, you give room for procrastination- never saying yes nor No, not going left nor right. This blocks you from moving ahead, hitting your goals in good time, and kills productivity. Time is golden to you and your business, analysis paralysis is a fast killer of time. For example, when my fashion students are spending too much time thinking of what to cut and how-to cut it, I tell them you are killing the time you can never have back.
One common A.P signs we see nowadays is –
SPENDING TOO MUCH TIME ON SOCIAL MEDIA THAN YOU SPEND ON FOCUSING ON YOUR REAL WORK.
Social media is the most common time-waster and time stealer. Don’t allow it. If care is not taken, by the time you look back, you will realize you have spent more than half of your day monitoring irrelevances on social media than building your life and business.
Imagine converting the time you spend scrolling this social media platforms to reading a self development book.
HOW DO I KNOW I AM EXPERIENCING ANALYSIS PARALYSIS?
- I am not feeling so excited about making a certain business or personal decision that will improve my business, life or career.
- Things i want to do look so cumbersome, like a puzzle I can’t decode.
- I have too much information, and I still don’t know how to transform any of it usefully -( I call this mental constipation – everything is just there and I can’t pick one)
- I can’t seem to do one thing conclusively at a time. I do too many things at once – it’s called multitasking – but am I really multitasking effectively?
HOW DO I OVERCOME IT?
- Have Priorities – number out the things you want to do In orders of importance and handle them according to the numbering. Don’t skip or jump any number without fully accomplishing it.
- Take it one step at a time. Don’t make too many decisions at once. Break them into bits. Spend less time on them and do not get your head overloaded.
- Avoid every form of distraction. It clogs you up. Have you noticed that when you research more on a particular thing you’re handling while handing it, you get opened up to more suggestions and you may end up spending more time changing your mind all over from them beginning again. This leads Some times to a point of confusion where you eventually drop the task unfinished.
- Declutter- clean up your room, clean your workspaces. Take our things you don’t need anymore. This simple act is a way to get clarity. Try it. It works more than 100%.
- Visual Notes or Reminders. Write out what you want to do and put them where you can easily see them. It keeps you in check daily.
No one plans to fail, this is why we all take time making certain decisions. But failures and successes are parts of our growth. If you are afraid of failing, you won’t learn. Your mistakes won’t be glued to your forehead for all to see. The power to shape up your business, career or life is in your power.
Start analysing differently and value every second.
IBADANCITY FASHION COLLEGE
UNISEX FASHION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP COLLEGE IN IBADAN, OYO STATE, NIGERIA
offering all fashion related courses and Business Development Courses. We equally assist msme owners in accessing business funding as a certified EDI- entrepreneurship development Institute by the Central Bank of Nigeria CBN and NMFB.
📍behind IBEDC office Ring road ibadan Follow the road beside FOODCO RING ROAD.
Facebook page IBADANCITY FASHION COLLEGE
Instagram – @ ibcityfashioncollege @dgvstyles